The official Confederation Line website was re-designed recently and is now providing updates on the construction progress.
Here's their update for this week:
- Removal of blasted rock and grubbing continues.
- Assembly of the first roadheader is completed.
- Blasting to excavate the ramp is completed.
- Excavation with hoe ram is scheduled to be completed by October 9.
- Excavation continues.
- Installation of caissons continues for the foundation of the gantry crane
- Blasting at the central shaft is scheduled to begin by end of the week.
- Surface excavation of the construction ramp continues.
- Sewer and storm sewer work continues along the length of the highway.
- Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) work, including temporary poles and aerial wires, continues along the highway.
- Removals of retaining walls and bridge work continues along the highway.
- Demolition is scheduled to be completed by end of the week, with the exception of 737 Belfast Rd.
- Grubbing and material removal off-site continues.